Security is our priority, and is therefore discussed at every HOA committee meeting. A combination of technology, manpower, and a good relationship with Douglasdale Police Station works well for us. Since its establishment in 1996, there has been no serious crime committed on the estate.
One of our most successful security features is our community spirit. Anything out of the ordinary pattern of living is noticed and reported to the security supervisor, who immediately responds. Residents access the Estate through a fingerprint reader so there is no opportunity for unauthorised access, as may be the case with access codes and remotes. Visitors require a resident’s approval to enter. Additional security features include:
- 24 hour guard house with secure access control
- 24 hour security patrols both within the grounds and around the outside perimeter
- Electric fencing, which is constantly monitored (generator powered during load shedding)
- Perimeter security lighting
- Dedicated estate manager and on-site office